The Membership Consultant's primary responsibility is to gain memberships in order to meet sales goals. Additional responsibilities include increasing the member experience through fitness engagement (i.e. booking FOs at POS), assisting with customer service, helping prospective members and existing club members with concerns regarding the club and starting new corporate accounts.
The Membership Consultant role achieves success through embodying our core competencies (Create the TSI Environment, Build a High Performing Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Models the core attributes of a successful employee with the utmost integrity, lives the mission and empowers others to do the same; focused on building meaningful relationships with members, their kids and team members.
* Modeling and promoting the Clubhouse Rules. * Adhering to all TSI policies and procedures including, but not limited to timeliness, codes of conduct, dress and timekeeping. * Partnering with club team to ensure high levels of customer service and a consistently clean club.
Build a High Performing Team
Actively facilitates self and team member development; constantly seeking new ways to build skills and competency; elevates the brand experience.
* Performing all basic system transactions pertaining to billing and contracts. * Developing and maintaining relationships with current members on a name to name basis. * Notifying club mgmt team of any member complaints or grievances and assisting in appropriate response. * Determining prospect's goals and motivation through a thorough Needs Analysis. * Being knowledgeable of all products and programs and building value in TSI's services. * Being responsive to member feedback and complaints and working towards timely resolution.
Achieve Measurable Results
Meets and exceeds company goals and metrics surrounding employees and members; never satisfied with the status quo.
* Consistently looking for opportunities to gain new members and elevate service levels. * Developing relations with the community and local small businesses by involving club in community events. * Actively build a network of contacts through prospecting and referrals. * Attending sales and training meetings. * Driving retention by partnering with fitness team to introduce fitness services at point of sale. * Reaching and surpassing monthly sales projections.
Required Skills and Experience:
* College degree in business, sales & marketing, or related field preferred. * Prior sales experience preferred. * Excellent customer services skills, outgoing, motivational and friendly. * Ability to deal with pressure in meeting sales quota. * Excellent listening and verbal communication skills. * Ability to build relationships with members. * Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner. * Ability to multi-task and learn quickly.
Due to the nature of the business, Town Sports has specific scheduling guidelines for this position.
* Team Members are required to work 3 out of the last 4 days of the month, with the last day of the month being mandatory. * TSI does not authorize vacation time in the months of January or September. * This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and is subject to changes based on the needs of the business.