At Public Partnerships LLC, a subsidiary of Public Consulting Group, we are passionate about our mission to be the provider of choice of comprehensive financial management for participant-directed services in the public sector. Our vision is people exercising choice and control of publicly-funded long term services and supports. Established in 1999, we partner with state and local agencies in 24 states to provide financial management services for participant-directed programs. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and strive to exceed client expectations. We desire motivated candidates who are excited to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who want to make a difference by supporting an innovative service model (learn more at www.publicpartnerships.com).
Want to help Others?
Make a difference in your community by helping individuals living with disabilities and seniors to live independently and pursue their life goals. PCG Public Partnerships seeks consultants (also known as Support Brokers) to provide supports brokerage under contract with the New Jersey Department of Human Services. As a consultant, you will provide information and assistance to help participants exercise choice and control over their community services and supports, including helping them act as a household employer of their direct care workers. Primary responsibilities include: providing orientation and training on program rules; enrolling participants and their direct care workers; helping participants to develop a cash management plan (spending plan) for using their monthly budget; monitoring participant health and safety; and maintaining progress notes. Training will be provided.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW A CLIP ABOUT THIS POSITION
- Manage a Caseload of 110-130 Program Participants
- Maintain required contact with assigned participants, including telephone calls and quarterly home visits
- Respond to participant inquiries
- Maintain email communication with participants, as needed
- Resolve participant issues
Provide participants with practical skills training in areas such as:
- Locating community resources;
- Recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, and supervising employees
- Purchasing goods and services;
- Managing a monthly budget to pay for their direct care workers
Assist participants to:
- Enroll in the Personal Preference Program
- Complete required enrollment paperwork
- Identify community resources, services and supports to meet their life goals;
- Develop their spending plan and schedule their employees to stay within their monthly budget
- Assist direct care workers, to complete required paperwork to be employed by the participant;
- Monitor participant health and safety through monthly phone contact and quarterly home visits (as needed);
- Maintain progress notes in accordance with NASW standards;
- Report and respond to participant complaints and grievances;
- Act as mandated reporter for allegations of abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Ability to manage own schedule and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong Microsoft Office applications skills
- Commitment to exceptional client service
- Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues
- Proven ability to take initiative to move daily work forward
- Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions
Education & Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or senior citizens required;
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Knowledge of Medicaid services preferred
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Criminal Background Check
- A valid driver’s license, access to a motor vehicle, and active vehicle registration, inspection and insurance certification required
Loading some great jobs for you...