- New England Sinai Hospital and Rehabilitation Center
Healthcare - Allied Health
347 Pleasant St
Under the supervision of the Chief Technologist of the Department of Imaging Services, shall be responsible for the performance of technical radiographic examination as outlined in the Department of Radiology Procedures Manual.
Director, Imaging Services (All staff and supervisory technologists are accountable to the Radiologist for medical direction.)
1. ARRT Registry Certifications in Radiography RT(R) and Mammography RT(M)
2. Massachusetts licensed in Radiography Mammography
IV. PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
1. TEAM WORK
A. Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
B. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
C. Keeps others informed.
D. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
E. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
F. Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Assumes an appropriate share of on-call duty for emergency examinations. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuation in workload
G. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
H. Reports to work on time and returns promptly from breaks. Provides proper advance notification for vacation absence or tardiness.
I. Observes hospital policies regarding smoking, telephone use, web mail and Internet usage, and other rules governing conduct in the workplace.
J. Limits personal phone calls to urgent and emergency situations. Limits communication and activity during regularly scheduled shifts to business related
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
Mammography Tech 2 of 4
C. Ensures the dignity of patient /customer is maintained at all times.
D. Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPPA Guidelines) at all times.
E. Abides by and upholds Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
F. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e., ages and culture).
G. Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
H. Demonstrates knowledge of Growth and Development in patient interactions.
I. Complete annual Mandatory Safety Fair via NetLearning.
1. Operates radiographic equipment used in the performance of all standard radiological and mammography procedures as outlined in the Department of Radiology Procedure Manual.
2. Has ability to demonstrate anatomical structures based upon knowledge of patient positioning (radiographic) and upon the principles of radiographic exposure, radiation physics, and principles of x-ray generation. Provide optimum quality radiographs through proper selection of imaging techniques.
3. Records daily equipment quality check according to JACHO standards.
4. Assists radiologists with routine and minor special procedures by setting-up preps and acquiring patient permit for procedure, when necessary. Performs minor special procedures as outline in the Radiology Department Procedure manual.
5. Makes every effort to protect all patients and staff from unnecessary radiation through the use of protective devices with strict adherence to guidelines and regulations of state and federal bureaus of radiation control. Monitors patient's condition while in the Department. Provides quality patient care with respect to comfort, availability of assistance. Observes IV and oxygen apparatus.
6. Able to perform needle loc biopsies & stereotactic biopsies using sterile technique and digital localization of appropriate area.
7. Records all patient and equipment information, including QC data, required by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the State of Massachusetts.
8. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
9. Maintain a high level of ethical conduct as defined by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists
Associated topics: arrt, cardiac, cath, computerized, ct scan, mri, radiologic, radiology, tomography, x ray
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...