It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Marlin Business Services Corp.? is a nationwide provider of equipment and software financing, specializing in providing innovative solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. The company's principal operating subsidiary, Marlin Leasing Corporation?, finances a wide array of essential use commercial equipment.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended $5 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around service excellence and delivering on commitments made to equipment suppliers and their customers.
Marlin is a direct lender, providing credit to the business community, enabling business leaders to preserve business capital and adopt new technology. Marlin Business Services Corp.? is publicly traded, is well-capitalized and a recognized industry leader in the commercial financing industry.
Marlin Business Services Corp. is seeking a Credit professional to underwrite small business loans in a fast paced and high-volume n sales environment. The qualified candidate will be responsible for accurately and efficiently underwriting qualified loan applicants within an acceptable time frame. Qualified candidates must be energetic, detailed oriented with strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, along with the ability to work independently in a team setting.
* Responsible for evaluating and recommending credit decisions for commercial loan applications according to credit policy standards in a timely and accurate manner
* Utilize Dun & Bradstreet, Credit Bureau (Experian, Trans Union, and Equifax), and related commercial bureau reports to render a sound credit decision
* Review and validate information included on bank statements, financial statements and other reports for related loan programs
* Validate business existence and reputation through online search engines
* May be required to recommend lease transactions above lending authority to management
* Convey credit decisions in a clear and concise matter to individual Sales Rep(s)
* Comply with Credit audit procedural requirements
* Daily responsibilities will require face to face interaction with the individual Sales Rep(s) and Manager(s)
* 4-year college degree required in related field
* One to two years of Credit experience required
* Commercial lease and/or loan underwriting experience preferred
* Excellent PC and computer literacy skills
Loan Underwriter (Unfilled)
Associated topics: banking solution, commercial loan, counselor, loan review officer, loan servicing officer, mortgage officer, officer, personal banker i, sale, sell