Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Post Secondary
Dean of School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Manhattan College seeks a forward thinking and entrepreneurial leader to build on the many successes, and serve as the next Dean, of the School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS). The ideal candidate will bring a deep understanding of the curricular, lifestyle, and other needs of adults in higher education, a vision of how technology, location flexibility, and other forces are changing those needs, and the experience necessary to lead Manhattan College in growing the school.
The Dean is responsible for leadership and oversight of all aspects of Adult and Non-traditional Education. Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Providing vision regarding the future of adult and non-traditional education and positioning the SCPS and Manhattan College to realize that vision
- Collaborating with the Director of Graduate and SCPS Admissions to recruit and retain students into SCPS programs
- Leading SCPS staff and operations in support of excellent student experiences
- Working with the SCPS Advisory Committee, made up of full time faculty from our five other schools to identify, develop, and approve courses and programs that meet the needs of adult learners
- Building up our offerings of online and hybrid programs, as well as off-campus offerings, consistent with the needs of our targeted audiences
- Representing the SCPS to, and coordinating it with, internal and external communities
- Advocating for the SCPS student population in the context of these communities
- Master s degree required, doctorate preferred
- Significant experience in adult and non-traditional higher education that would lead to the vision and ability to advocate required of the position
- A record of collaborative leadership in managing all aspects of a complex organization
- Evidence of the ability to build networks of stakeholders and collaborators, including organizations that support ongoing education of employees, in support of developing and realizing the vision for the future of the College
Compensation will be competitive and will depend upon experience. The review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until a successful candidate is named. The position is available beginning January 6, 2020.
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to the mission. Applicants from historically under-represented segments of the population are encouraged to apply, as well as those attracted to a college with a Catholic identity. We are committed to a diverse campus community. AA/EO
Associated topics: assistant vice president, associate director, associate provost, dean, department chair, executive manager, interim dean, lead, manage, provost
Loading some great jobs for you...